End-of-Life Palliative Care
“Compassion and Understanding for People with Terminal Illness”
You are not alone. We at Harmony Health Care understand that many people prefer to be at home in familiar surroundings with family and friends at the close of life. Our caregivers focus on the needs and comfort of both patient and family.
We provide active, compassionate care with advice and support to alleviate the anxiety, fear and loneliness that many experience during this time.
Harmony and our professional caregivers are here to help you in any way we can.
Our palliative services include:
- Pain & symptom control -- to maintain the patient in their own home
- Up to 24 hour care -- to allow families to bring their loved ones home, confident that professional care & support will be provided by skilled and compassionate caregivers
- Overnight care -- to allow family members to sleep, confident in the knowledge that the patient is not alone
- Family relief -- to assist in avoiding exhaustion and distress during an already stressful time
- Flexible scheduling -- to allow family members to continue working
- Suggestions -- how the family can participate to maintain quality of life
Our home support workers supplement our skilled nursing services.
- Personal care
- Assistance with the activities of daily living
- Housekeeping & laundry
- Meal preparation
- Companionship, socialization and activation